Write Your Book in 100 Days Book
HOW TO BUY A BOOK
For SA use this online shop to buy your book. The cost of R340 includes courier to your door South Africa (only) Or order from Red Pepper for a couriered book.
For Amazon e-book (on KINDLE)
For Amazon Paperback (paperback version delivered to you)
Tired of putting “write a book” on your to-do list? Need someone to kick-start you into finally writing it and guide you through the entire process, step by step? Then this BOOK is for you.
Whether you’re a rookie or experienced writer, a storyteller, influencer, company leader, speaker, expert with insight to share or just someone who loves putting words on paper, Write Your Book in 100 Days is going to show you how to write your story, so others want to read it.
This is a workbook and a journey into the heart of your story and what makes your book the best it can be. Its practical step-by-step process includes both technical writing tasks alongside heart ‘n soul exercises. All draw on years of the authors’ experience of walking writers down the path from dream to draft to publication. Expect easy to follow, practical tips and guidance with actual examples to show you exactly how.
- At the end of this workbook you will have:Completed the First Draft of your book in just 100 days!
- Mapped out your awesome Second Draft
- Written a kickass ‘Pitch Deck’ ready to submit to publishers
- Crafted an achievable plan for your Author Brand
Online Writing Mentorship - Write your Book
This is a supported process that will get you to create, plan, write and COMPLETE your book. You will join a group of writers work to get your book out over four months. Writing coach Sarah Bullen and international author Kate Emmerson are your master whip crackers.
The full course description is here
Sarah Bullen - international writing mentor + literary agent working with authors and publishers. She has written six books, writes for magazines internationally and lectures on writing and publishing.
Kate Emmerson - multi-published author, coach and international keynote speaker inspiring audiences with her kick-ass, engaging style. She coaches writers on confidence, discipline, procrastination and shifting blockages.
We know most writers need a few things to make real progress in their writing:
- An experienced mentor to give you the right advice at the right time
- Someone to hold you accountable and make sure you get it done.
- A place to ask experts questions when you get stuck
WHAT HAPPENS - PRACTICALLY?
In a nutshell, you will plan, write and produce your first draft over 100 days (realistically about 4 months with all the planning)
This is a leaner version of our intense and personal mentorships.
- You pay for your mentorship
- You will receive a confirmation mail with an author appraisal form to fill in
- You will be split into your relevant stream for non-fiction / novels
- Novelists and non-fiction/ memoir writers will be on different steams with different lessons and tasks.
- You will be guided for 4 months on how to write your book.
- You will join the private AUTHOR SUPPORT GROUP – for our serious, paying writers only
- You update weekly for writing accountability – and we keep an eye on your word count each week to move you forward, word by word
- The core of the communication happens via very structured email lessons you will receive twice a week. Novelists will be put on a fast-track to plot, plan and write and will receive an email instruction every day to get your plot points adequate and your words flowing from the start.
- There are FB live videos in the support group, run by either Sarah or Kate. These also form the backbone of instruction and inspiration, as writing can be a very lonely journey.
Write your Book in 100 Days Online Course Novels
Do you want to write a novel? This is a 4 month practical, step-by-step course that will get it done. Join writing mentor and coach Sarah Bullen for an intense push to write your novel.
HOW DOES IT PRACTICALLY WORK?
* Every day for the first month you will be given a short 2 min lesson via email to read, or to watch.
* Each day has exercises that takes you systematically through how to plot your book.
* At key points you will be asked to send some work for feedback and review.
* The lessons will show you how to plot your story, step by step, beginning to end, going over what the story is about, who the characters are, where the story starts, how it reveals itself and how it ends.
* The format of the course will make sure your story is set up right (the beginning hook) and has the dramatic momentum (the middle build) to carry it through to a fulfilling ending.
* You start actually writing after Day 10 and then the course will take you deeper into advanced plotting, storytelling, characters, dialogue, style, theme, genre and writing.
* Each stage of the mentorship has a task and word count targets for you to reach.
* You are part of our closed FB group of writers in various stages of the publishing process where you can get advice, support or a reader
* You block book your own writing time when it suits you, using the prompts that I send you to know how far your writing should be at each point.
This is the course I did in 2008/9 and I wrote my first novel. I was sick of thinking about writing a novel and making false starts for years, so I took a week off work and did this course. By the end, I'd trashed the novel I'd been wheel-spinning on, and had a new idea. A month later I had a very dodgy first draft, which later became A Million Miles from Normal, published by Penguin Random House in 2010. Today I'm working on my 9th novel, and pretty much still using the same techniques Sarah taught me.
So, if you're thinking of doing a writing course, stop thinking about it and do it. I can't imagine you'll regret it. Paige Nick, Million Miles from Normal
“This was a very useful course to do, particularly the early modules that actually got me plotting and writing in two weeks. I had no clue how to even start writing and the clear information that you provided just mapped the way forward.’
Maria Phalime, author of Second Chances and Postmortem: The Doctor who Walked Away - Winner of the Maskew Miller Longman Literature Award in 2013.