Six Month Personal Book Coaching Package with Sarah Bullen
This is a coaching package that will take your book along the path to publication. We will work closely together for a few months to get your book out of your head and into the world.
At the end of our process, and if you really commit to it, you will have a final book ready for submission to publishers, or to publish yourself.
(Clients based in South Africa please email me for a local price)
This could be a professional book, non-fiction, biography, memoir, poetry book or novel.
Writing a book is not a 'snap' thing. It takes time, hours of work and a good strategy. I work directly with writers and publishers in a session format. Working on your book is a long-term relationship between us. I usually work with an author for 6-8 months to get a book from IDEA to publication. Some books take longer. Some take less time. The way I work is initially over 6 months.
During that time we will do a few things
1. You will write your first draft with my supervision over the first 3.5 months. This is a very structured programme that runs with a series of emails over 4 months combined with a personal session every 4 weeks to keep your book on track.
2. Once you have your first draft done, we work through three month process of getting your book to publishable
3. During this time you prepare your pitch deck, author brand and all your submission material. You edit and rewrite your book to final draft.
The personal coaching package includes
The package allows for 6 personal coaching sessions, and a structured mentored process to get your book completed.
- You pay upfront for the package or use instalment payments of 6 x $500
- You will get a form asking you details on your book idea, blurb, and publishing goals.
- You book your first session and start the email process with tasks and deadlines.
- Our first call to discuss your book and writing goals. Here we will set deadlines, plans and work out structure and book idea.
What do you end up with at the end of the 6 months?
Well this all depends on what you are writing and what your publishing goals are.
Most books take a solid 8 months from idea to final draft. Many take years to get to market. So having a realistic timeline is important. After our 3 months (or 6 sessions) are completed we can renew the package if you want to continue with mentoring.
If you are starting with just an idea and some planning you can use this coaching process to produce a solid first draft of your book.
If you have a completed first draft, this process can take you through your edits to get you to a final version, a pitch deck, an author brand and a book ready to send to publishers, or self publish.
Can we start together and you end up with a final book in the 3 months? Unlikely to be honest.
Books are longer and slower things. But you will end up with a clear genre, a clear market positioning, a workable structure, at least 40,000 words written (and hopefully the entire book written).
Some writers have worked with me over many years - and we work
Want to talk to me but don't want a whole package?
You can book a single session here
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All sessions must be taken over 6 months - 90 days.
All fees are totally non-refundable for any reason whatsoever.
I only accept a limited number of writers at a time. That means if you bail after the first session - you still pay. It is interesting how committed you get to your book when you have some skin in the game and a date with your mentor.