How does a MS appraisal work?
I need a copy of the full manuscript plus your detailed synopsis.
• I will read the full MS and do a 5-8 page full written report
• The report will also make suggestions, changes and act an overall assessment.
• The report will also suggest specific large-scale changes / improvements / refinements (plotting changes, structure changes, pace, characters and overall novel read).
• The appraisal does not include editing or proof-reading, but is a high-level structural assessment of the MS. The onus is then on the writer to 'fix' the structural suggestions, character changes etc.
• The process will be completed in 3-4 weeks.
• I prefer not to meet before the appraisal and report and want to assess the book exclusively on its written content initially.
• We will have a one hour Skype session after you have read the assessment.