12 weeks to get your first draft ready for publishers
Our "All the Way" group started off as a request from writers for a space to stay connected and committed and was a loose follow-up group for MasterMinders but - because we are both SUPER STRICT and we want to see your books getting out into the world - we felt this group was far too loose for our liking. Too loose, too unstructured, not enough commitment and therefore not enough results. Definitely not enough submissions to publishers or going the self publishing route.
So - we have taken your comments and ideas and have re-worked the format on how to take writers from "FIRST DRAFT to PUBLISHED". We have come up with a 12-week structured group. It has fixed timelines and fortnightly tasks and deadlines to take you up to submission. For both non-fiction and novels. Some of this will come from Sarah's 'Complete your Book' advanced course but we also want to build in access to publishers. The aim of the group is to take you all the way from your first draft to a final draft and submission to an agent / publisher or a final product to be self-published.
Do you seriously want to be a published author?
You can only join this group if:
* you are a graduate of one of the MasterMind writing groups or Writing Room courses including Write a Book in 100 Days and:
* You have a first draft of your book - no matter how rough OR
* You are about 60-80% through your first draft of your book and can honestly complete that draft by the second week of the course.
The course structure now includes:
1. A live kick-off call to connect the group, to get you started and set clear deadlines. Yes that pesky word, deadlines :)
2. Two more live calls with the group in month 2 and 3
3. An accountability partner or buddy (non-negotiable) who you are going to support and vice versa personally during the 12 weeks.
4. A 12-week task-based programme to get your book from first draft to submission. This will be emailed to you fortnightly and posted on the FB group.
5. A newly formed closed FB group where you will posting your ideas and get feedback from other writers on your writing, angle.
6. An opportunity towards the end of the 12 weeks to pitch your book idea to a publisher.
7. The focused support of Kate and Sarah to keep you accountable and ensure you meet your deadlines. You know you love us!
8. Scheduled BUM TIME days to get your writing DONE. And you will need to create your own bum days too!
9. Support from other writers in differing stages of this journey.
10. Access to a network of editors and possible publishers for your completed work
11. Support to do status updates weekly to track your progress - the all important ACCOUNTABILITY!
The course cost does not include:
Individual coaching calls with Sarah or Kate.
You will be given a preferential rate.
Editing or other professional fees.
Sarah has a network of copy editors and proof readers you can tap into at the point when you need these services. These will be quoted directly
If you are unsure about the group and if it's right for you, OR if you have already submitted to publishers in some form and want a different form of support with us, please email
What is the cost?
2018 costs TBA
Success stories to date
We wanted to share some of our writers publishing success stories!
Annemarie just received her YES from publishers
Jen - signed up with a USA publisher and well on her way to her book being released in USA spring 2017
Bettina- already contributed to and published in the Dial a Guru series and now working on her own book
Gela - submitting end of this year as part of a competition
Carmen Tina - submitting to Hay House end of this year
Viki- being given a yes by well know SA publishing team and busy working through the proposal / ideas/ costs with them
Lea- sent proposal out to UK publisher and gotten first feedback
Hester- gotten great feedback to work on from publishers to take the next step now
Veerle - from the very first group has now completed her book and is also submitting to Hay House
Sometimes the story you have to share is one you don’t want to face yourself, but you have taken your life journey for a reason- to experience the challenges and the pain yourself, in order to be able to truly share with others from a place of understanding, and to give them hope. I never knew how to share my story, and then like a divine gift from the universe, came Kate, Sarah and their army of expert teachers. From book structure and editing to publishing, branding and PR, I had no idea how hard it would be to write a book and what the whole process entails, but with Kate’s insight and guidance I did it! And if I can, you can. What an incredible experience – let them show you how. It’s a life-changing journey.